Ruamrudee International School (RIS) welcomes students from around the world who meet our admissions requirements. We are committed to ensuring cultural diversity and to welcoming all children, regardless of ethnicity or religion. Our admissions process is designed so that you, as parents of prospective students, can determine if we are the right school to help your child reach his or her full potential.
PreK 2 - Grade 1: Required age for admission by August 31 of enrolment year
PreK 2: must be 2 years old by entry date
PreK 3: must be 3 years old
PreK 4: must be 4 years old
KG: must be 5 years old
Grade 1: must be 6 years old
STEP 1. Online Application & Supporting Documents
For All Students:
- Complete the online application form available at https://risr.openapply.com/
- Application fee of 5,000 baht non-refundable payment that includes admissions testing. (Submitting an application does not guarantee placement.)
- Submit school report cards from the last 3 academic years (must be in English or an official English translation)
- For Catholic students only: Submit Baptismal Certificate
- Copy of student’s passport with non-immigrant visa status
- Copies of parents’ passports with non-immigrant visa status (if applicable)
- Copy of student’s birth certificate
- Copies of both parents’ and student’s Thai Household Registration
- Copies of both parents’ and student’s Thai Passports or Identification Cards
Learning Support students:
- Individual Educational Plan (IEPs)
- Psychological and/or educational evaluations
- Medical Certificates
STEP 2. Screening & Admissions Testing
Once payment of the application fee has been made and all of the required documents have been submitted, an Admissions Officer will contact you to schedule an admissions test for your child.
PreK 2 – Grade 1: All applicants will have a developmental observation session with the Elementary School Counselor and the School Psychologist. A parent interview will also be held with the Director of Pupil Services. One or both parents must be present for this session.
English Language Development (ELD) Students: Students who have not been attending a school where English is the language of instruction (minimum of 3 years), will take the WIDA-ACCESS Placement Test (WAPT), which is administered by an ELD faculty member and covers listening, reading, speaking, and writing.
Learning Support (LS) Students: Our Learning Support (LS) program is designed to help all students develop the skills they need to access the general school curriculum. Learning Support students succeed in the regular classroom through close collaboration between learning support staff and classroom teachers. LS students who have not had a psychological test within the last 12 months will need to pass a psychological or educational evaluation by the School Psychologist.
STEP 3. Meeting with School Director & Registration Procedure
An Admissions Officer will arrange for you to meet the School Director (or designate) who will review your child's test results and grade-level placement. If your child is accepted, you will receive an acceptance letter, registration package, invoice, and other documents necessary for enrollment. Your child should not withdraw from his or her current school until enrollment at RIS is confirmed.
When seats are limited, students may be placed on a waiting list. Please note: A place on the waiting list does not guarantee placement at RIS. To enroll at RIS, your child must complete the registration process and the school fees must be paid by the due date on the invoice.